Finance Officer, Higher Executive Officer
The Courts Service Finance Unit manages, controls, analyses, and reports on the financial operations of the Courts Service, thereby ensuring effective running of the service. It secures funding for the service and reports to the Board and to the relevant Government Accounting functions on a regular basis. The unit has three sections: Oracle Financial Management Systems (FMS), Fees, Banking and Risk Management and Procurement.
This role leads the Oracle FMS team and will play a key role in the production of the Courts Service Annual Accounts, contributing to effective management of Courts Service expenditure.
Key Activities include:
- Securing funding for the Courts Service and managing the Courts Service budget, including compiling, managing, analysing, and reporting on financial data.
- Managing the Oracle Helpdesk, providing vital support to Courts Service staff in processing invoices and handling income.
- Producing the annual Courts Service Appropriation Account (Annual Accounts).
Applicants should have at least 2 years’ relevant and recent experience in a finance role and will hold or be studying for a relevant financial qualification.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in team leadership and people management
- Strong knowledge of Accounting IT systems and a demonstrated capacity in this area
- A high level of proficiency in the use of MS office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong focus on organisational outcomes
- A professional, cooperative, and confident approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), with a high attention to detail
- A solution-orientation focus, with an ability to progress tasks on their own initiative and see them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
The following skills and experience are desirable.
- Experience of working in a finance unit within the public sector
- Experience of project management and leading a team through change.
Please find full information booklet on the role attached below.
Applications by way of applying for the role online at courts.ie/careers with your CV and a one-page cover letter setting out how you meet the required skills and behaviours for the post.
This opportunity is closed to applications.